Consulting areas of focus:
- Data Science
- Population health research — focus on health equity, physical activity, environmental health, and social determinants of health.
- Community Health Assessments & Community Health Improvement Plans
- Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) Accreditation & Re-accreditation (for health departments)
- Report writing
- Strategic planning and performance metrics
- Lean Six Sigma consulting
Jillian enjoys providing technical support and assistance to organizations in data analysis and public health. Using data to track and improve processes within the organization, so that the organization can better serve its clients, customers, patients, or others is one area that Jillian really enjoys.
Her background is in public health, healthcare, and small business. Prior to consulting at Rillian, Jillian worked in multiple roles in different organizations, including Data Analyst at the Virginia Department of Health, Thomas Jefferson Health District, various positions at the University of Virginia, the University of Virginia Health System, James Madison University, and a private physicians’ practice, Gastroenterology Associates.
She also has experience in starting and running small businesses in a variety of fields: photography with Jillian Regan Photography, LLC; online retail of secondhand goods to help the environment with Misty River Garden and entrepreneur at Jill + Ian an innovative bicycle rental startup that also sells skincare products and promotes bicycle safety and sun safety.
Jillian has a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree from the University of Virginia and a Bachelor of Science in Health Science with a minor in Spanish from James Madison University.
Software skills include:
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Outlook)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)–both ArchGIS and QGIS